The incident has sparked outrage and a debate over the quality of private healthcare which is often costly. According to the twins' grandfather, the stunned family rushed the newborn to a nearby hospital where they were told that their baby was still alive.
In a statement to reporters, Max hospital said they were "shaken" and "concerned" over the incident, and added that the doctor has been asked to go on leave, pending an inquiry. This is the second instance in recent months where a private hospital in India has been called out for negligent care. Last month, a girl died of dengue fever in another hospital and the parents allege they were overcharged for her treatment.
More Medical News:
Worms Found In Mans Stomach
Can Beer Be Made From Recycled Wastewater