(The Wrap-Up Magazine) If you don’t make a name for yourself, someone will make one for you. And it might not be the one you want. It's not easy making a name for yourself. You must find a way to stand out from the rest.
Consider these little known ways to do so:
1. Grow the trust. Oprah is the most trusted person in America. She’s also a billionaire. This is not a coincidence. So remember: The amount of money you make is directly proportionate to the number of people who trust you. Are you trustable?
2. Determine the destination. Don’t worry about how you’re going to get there. Begin with the end in mind and a road will eventually appear. Your problem will have no choice but to be solved. When was the last time you updated your vision board?
3. Eliminate the losers. Hang out with people who make money. Not people who want to learn how you make money. Do you need richer friends?
4. End the dependency. For once, try depending on you. At least you can trust that person. Right? Right?
5. Orchestrate the circumstances. “Well, it is what it is,” people resign. Bullshit. It isn’t what it is – it is what you ALLOW it to be. It isn’t what it is – it is what you RESPOND to it as. And it isn’t what it is – it is what you CHOOSE to change it into. Are you a make-things-happen guy, a watch-things-happen guy, or a what-the-hell-just-happened guy?