Bobby Shmurda’s new attorney Kenneth J. Montgomery has released a statement to Complex regarding the withdrawn bail. “We are working on another more viable package,” Montgomery told Complex over email. “The average income of a household in Brooklyn is 44k. Mr. Pollard has not shot or killed anyone, nor has he been in possession of any drugs. However, his bail is 2 million. As a result of the bail amount we are dotting our I’s and crossing our T’s to make sure the package is approved by the Court.”
The New York Times is reporting that Bobby Shmurda’s recent bail package has been withdrawn, meaning he will remain in jail for the time being. The $2 million bail package application posted last Friday was pulled earlier today. Complex reached out to Kati Cornell, a spokeswoman for the office of the special narcotics prosecutor for New York City, who confirmed. “It is our understanding that the suretor has withdrawn and there is no hearing scheduled,” she told Complex in an email.
Last week, Bossip reported that Shmurda ”secured celebrity bail bondsman Ira Judelson, who said he’ll put up Shmurda’s $2 million bail as early as next week.” Complex reached out to Shmurda’s new attorney Kenneth J. Montgomery who confirmed that day that his bail package was posted but due to a 72 hour surety, the package would have to be sufficiently examined by the government. “If approved he is released. If not a hearing would be scheduled to litigate any issues,” Montgomery told Complex last week.
Montgomery confirmed to the NYTimes today that the bail package has been put on hold. “We’re trying to do a new bond application and are in the process in the figuring that out,” he said. “We’re hoping to get it done within the next week.”